Goals & Outcomes:
- Provide a sense of normalcy and routine
- Connect students with their friends and Sistema teachers
- Help students keep up with their music learning
- Give parents or caregivers time for other tasks at home while Sistema classes take place, and ensure teaching duties do not fall to parents
- Support the needs and mental health of at-risk students whose families already live in precarious situations due to socio-economic barriers as these students now deal with isolation and anxieties surrounding COVID-19.
- Provide “pastoral care” to students and their families: follow up with families, connect with online school or community resources, and source additional supports when student express mental health concerns or other issues such as food insecurity or a lack of daily necessities.